SOCIAL SHARING

Monday, May 17, 2010

Dolly Helps Nashville!

Dolly Parton announces 'Dolly Helps Nashville', an effort to focus on raising money to have families devastated by May 1-3, 2010 flood waters in Nashville, TN and 52 surrounding counties.

"I grew up in the Smokies in East Tennessee, which was my first home. I moved to Nashville 46 years ago and that is my home now. I have family and friends in both places, and when one place hurts, I think it is just right for the other to help.

On May 22 and 23, I'm having my Dollywood and Dixie Stampede companies help me host my Dolly Helps Nashville weekend. The proceeds from every guest to both of my parks and my Dixie Stampede will go to a special fund to assist Nashville flood victims. We're especially going to concentrate on those folks who lost their homes and personal possessions in this terrible flood.

So many of the folks from Nashville have been coming to the Smokies. Over the last 25 years, they have helped Dollywood, Dixie Stampede and Dollywood’s Splash Country and this entire vacation area grow and that's why it's our turn to help!

I am challenging other businesses in Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and Gatlinburg to make this a destination-wide effort.

I want all of my fans worldwide to come to Dollywood the weekend of May 22 and 23. If you can't be there in person, then I hope you'll donate to flood victims on my secured website or mail donations by check to..."

The Dollywood Foundation
2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

For more information: visit https://dollyparton.com/